Interested in getting involved with the MSA in a leadership capacity? We have three positions available:
- IQRA Editor
- Project Downtown
- Project Director
Details for each of these positions can be found below. Deadlines for applications for the 2016-2017 term have passed.
The ‘editor’ of the MSA blog who will produce articles on a monthly basis. These articles will range from entertainment, to organizational news, to followups on GBM and Sisterhood/Brotherhood topics, etc.
- Maintain the MSA blog
- Update monthly with new stories – entertainment, organizational news, ect.
- Attend one board meeting per semester
- Keep marketing chair updated with progress and any concerns – biweekly reports
Project Downtown is a weekly initiative where students meet and help prepare meals for the homeless. Meetings occur every Sunday and about 100 meals are made depending on the season.
- Managing the MSA Project Downtown credit card
- Buying necessary food and supplies need for Project Downtown
- Leading Project Downtown every Sunday
- Delivering food to a church every Sunday
- Must have a car
- Must be dedicated to giving at least 3 hours per week to carry out PD consistently on a weekly basis no matter what (barring extreme situations)
The Project Director program invites those students to apply who have a project in mind that they feel can benefit by being affiliated with MSA, as well as benefit the organization and its members. This new position allows for the opportunity to work with MSA and be the head of your own project.
- Full responsibility of own project
- Consistent updates to the MSA Board